Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grandma Claire Wins Again!

We had a Stake Art Fair where people from our Stake (Plus others)
brought their art wok for display. There are some amazing artists that live here and the show was as good as any gallery show I have ever seen.

Grandma was one of three artists that the local newspaper choose to highlight. Her Photo plus a very complimentary article in the newspaper made her feel that all the work was worth it. She was reluctant to enter but really blossomed in the limelight. The other two artists were; a man who maes custom violins for performing professionals, and a wood carver who is recognized as the best in the nation at it.

Yes......I did enter 4 pieces of my art. The Utah Indian got the most attention.....at least from the Utah fans. Unforntunatly I was too close to Claire Marie's dolls and everyone overlooked my stuff!


2 comments:

Autumn said...

Congratulations Grandma!! I love that picture of her! She looks so young and beautiful! Her dolls are amazing..I'm glad she's getting some recognition for them in good ole St. George! Love you both!
...and Grandpa just for the record I'm equally impressed by your amazing artwork! xoxo

Wake Up With Flem! said...

I am very impressed with both of your artistic talents. Good job mom, you are famous now!